The Direct Entry and Conversion programs are intended to allow rope access technicians who have obtained rope access skills and experience on an industrial two-rope system, outside the SPRAT certification system, to be evaluated for SPRAT certification at a level commensurate with their skill and experience. Consideration for conversion at Level III is only available to rope access technicians who currently hold an active Level III certification in a recognized rope access association.
Direct Entry and Conversion candidates should submit the appropriate documentation to the Evaluations Committee for review and approval no less than five weeks in advance of the scheduled evaluation date. Applications may be submitted by the individual, the Evaluation Session Host, or training provider.
In addition to the required documentation, a nonrefundable application fee will be assessed at the time of application submission based on the prefered level of pre-approval. This fee does not cover candidate fees associated with an evaluation session. Provided documentation of work experience shall be in accordance with Safe Practices for Rope Access Work which is publicly available within Public Documents.
Direct Entry (Level II) Requirements
Direct Entry applicants shall provide the following documentation:
- Completed Direct Entry Level II Application including confirmation of terms and conditions
- Documentation* of 500 hours of work experience in accordance with Safe Practices for Rope Access Work.
- Applicable application fee
*A sample log for how hours may be submitted is presented in the last page of the application packet.
Direct Entry (Level III) Requirements
Conversion applicants shall provide the following documentation:
- Completed Direct Entry Level III Application including confirmation of terms and conditions
- Proof of a Level III certification in a recognized rope access association
- Documentation* of 1000 hours of work experience in accordance with Safe Practices for Rope Access Work
- Applicable application fee*A sample log for how hours may be submitted is presented in the last page of the application packet.
A SPRAT certification provides instant recognition and credibility for the Technicians who carry it, and the companies who invest in it. In turn, companies that hire rope access services will look for the SPRAT certification, and will know you offer the industry’s best in technical achievement.
Membership in the organization is open to any company or individual interested in furthering the interest of rope access. Current members include a broad cross-section of commercial industry, professional services, and government agencies.
Member consensus and committee developed standards, guidelines, policies and procedure drafted with modern regulations and geographic requirements in mind and built for the benefit of the current technician, company and general member.
The SPRAT Office can be reached Monday through Friday,
between the hours of 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Address : 994 Old Eagle School Road; Suite 1019
Wayne, PA 19087-1866
- Phone : 610.971.4850
- Fax : 610.971.4859
- Membership & Other General Inquiries
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Certification Program:
- Email: email@example.com